The Kindness of God
Immeasurably More… Paul’s Letter to the Ephesians - Eph. 2:1-7
“What comes to mind when we think about God is the most important thing about us. The history of mankind will probably show that no people has ever risen above its religion, and man's spiritual history will demonstrate that no religion has ever been greater than its idea of God. …We tend by a secret law of the soul to move toward our mental image of God.” A.W. Tozer - The Knowledge of the Holy
The Main Thing…
The victory of the cross and the resurrection prepare the way
for us to experience the kindness of God.
We Need To See…
1. Our Situation. (v. 1-3)
· In the System.
· Under the Ruler.
· Gratifying the Flesh.
2. God's Salvation. (v. 4-7)
· Great Love
· Rich Mercy
· Made Alive with Christ
· Saved by Grace
· Raised Us Up
· Seated with Him
· Show the Riches of His Grace
· Expressed in His Kindness
Questions for Lifegroup…
· What do you think about when you hear the description of our situation before Christ?
· How many different descriptions of God's goodness do you see in this passage?
· Why is this message for the newly baptized?
· How does this help to shape your view of God?
· What does it mean to be kind? How can we be like God in kindness?
· How does God want you to respond today?
· Pray for each other…