A Prayer for the Journey
Immeasurably More… Paul’s Letter to the Ephesians - Eph. 1:15-21
The Main Thing…
God wants the journey of our lives to be shaped by knowing Him better
and having his vision for the future of our lives and the world around us.
Paul Prays For Us To…
1. Know God Better. (v. 17)
· The Glorious Father.
· The Lord Jesus Christ.
· The Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation.
2. Have Vision for the Future.
Specifically…The Eyes of Our Hearts Enlightened…
· To Know The Hope. (v. 18a)
· To Know The Inheritance. (v. 18b)
· To Know The Power. (v. 19)
Questions for Lifegroup…
· What is the connection between starting the journey (faith and baptism) and Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians? Why is it important?
· What are some ways that we can live with increasing hope in our lives?
· What are the implications for how we should view the church if the glorious inheritance of Jesus is in the Saints?
· What does it mean that God's power is “for us who believe?”
· How does God want you to respond today?
· Pray for each other.